In the sometimes cut-throat profession of law, Azam rests easy knowing his ethics and morals won’t be compromised in tax law. He breaks down issues to understandable terms to demonstrate clients’ tax problems are not bigger than them, and employs his ‘listen more, speak less’ personality to empathize with their situation.
Azam’s tax experience is broad. From law firms and accounting firms, to personal and corporate, to the US and Canada – his mission is to be a well-rounded tax advisor. Azam’s specialization is US inbound issues, including cross-border transactions, expansions, restructurings and tax efficient financing. Whether you’re a VP of a large corporation or a retiree looking to sell your condo in Florida – Azam simply wants to minimize your taxes.
- Graduate of Tax Law, 2001
- JD LLM – University of Denver College of Law, 2000
- University of Calgary – Bachelor of Arts, 1996
- Co-author– " U.S. Tax Reform: The End of the LLC?", Tax Notes International, July 30, 2018
In the news
- Azam Rajan is quoted in a Canadian Lawyer Mag article entitled “IRS shutdown may lead to complications for Canadians", January 23, 2019, Canadian Lawyer Mag
- Azam Rajan is quoted in an article entitled “What Are the Tax Concerns for an American Buying Vancouver Property When You Have Dual Citizenship?”, May 4, 2017, Mansion Global